Jesus Is Our Shepherd
“Who Is Jesus to You?” Sermon Series, Part II
Wisdom for your week: Take time to KNOW Jesus as Shepherd/Pastor and EXPERIENCE Him. Your life will never be the same when you do!
This weekend, I challenged you to look at Jesus as Shepherd, which ultimately means “pastor”. Look at Psalm 23 and you will find 6 things Jesus as Shepherd does:
- The Shepherd Provides: You lack nothing. He takes care of your needs. (Remember to stay in right relationship with Him)
- The Shepherd Restores: He will bring you back to place where perhaps you departed or went astray.
- The Shepherd Leads: He leads us down paths where his name is on them. This brings us fulfillment, abundance and His best. Be careful in taking paths that don’t have his name on them.
- The Shepherd Supports: He is always with us.
- The Shepherd Defends: Jesus says “don’t worry, I got this!”
- The Shepherd Blesses: His blessing literally chases us down.
I will see you on Sunday at 10:30 am. Please be in prayer this week for our church and bring someone new with you!
Remember also the Power of A Half Hour, which is prayer for our service and church, taking place 9:30-10:00 am each Sunday in the infant nursery. In one half hour, things can be changed with prayer!
– Pastor Charlie Dial