Go After Your Dreams with a Plan!
I hope you have had a great February so far. Hard to believe how fast this year is moving. But it’s with that perspective that I hope you have taken time to write down your vision, dreams & goals for this year.
Here are a few of my notes from Sunday’s message, The Journey:
In order to obtain your dreams:
1. You Must Prepare a Plan
The future belongs to the person who PLANS for it.
The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty. (Proverbs 21:5)
2. Your Must Prepare Yourself
You either have a plan or you are drifting. The following study was done by a top economic development group:
- 27% of Americans give no thought to their future.
- 60% of Americans give some thought to their future.
- 10% of Americans give serious thought to their future.
- 3% of Americans have a future plan with written out goals.
Of these groups, this is what was found:
- Those that gave no thought were on welfare
- Those that had given some thought were paycheck to paycheck
- Those that gave serious thought were successful
- Those that had written down their plan and goals were the top American achievers
And the only difference between group three and four was that they WROTE it down. God’s word in our lives is so powerful when we heed to it!
Then the Lord replied: Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that whoever reads it may run with it. (Hab 2:2)
3. Courageously Step Out In Faith
God is with you, He always keeps His promises, and He has commanded you to go after your goals, visions, and dreams.
There are two enemies that will keep you from your dreams: Fear & Discouragement.
If I gave you the names of the following people, do you know who they are? Igal, Shaphat, Palti, Hoshea, Gaddiel, Gaddi, Ammiel, Sthur, Nahbi and Geul? These are the 10 spies that went into the promised land and came back with “I Can’t!” The “I Can’ts” started them on a journey that cost them their future.
I believe in you and so does God…so go for your dream! You can find attached a sheet on which you can print and write down your visions, dreams and goals.
I will see you on Sunday at 10:30 am, and don’t forget to invite someone or bring someone with you. Let’s grow the church together. Also, remember to be a part of a Small Group this week!
– Pastor Charlie Dial