As we continued this past week with the Journey series, I offered some financial challenges/goals for 2014. I pray that we all will let these principles really get into our hearts and allow God to bring his great economic plan into our lives.
1. Change the way you think. (Romans 12:2-NLT)
(Bad thinking myths)
- If I could just have a little more, then all my problems would be solved (when you do make more, you spend more)
- Things will just work out somehow (we don’t just “drift” into financial freedom)
- My stuff belongs to me (what if we considered that our stuff is actually God’s? So being a good steward with God’s stuff is important)
2. Get a vision for the future. (Hab 2:2)
3. Get serious (Prov 27:23)
- Get organized-put finances in order (file your paperwork)
- Get on a budget and stay on it
- Control your spending
4. Practice the Law of seed, time and harvest (2 Cor 9:6-8)
You can do 5 things with money: Spend it, Pay off Debt, Give to Government, Save it and Give it. And usually that’s the order that most people do it but yet with God’s financial plan, that’s completely backwards. Whatever you sow, you will reap. This will always work!
I will see you on Sunday for Small Groups launch. And I want to encourage you that if you consider Harvest Church to be your home and you have not gone through Growth Track, I would appeal to you to do so. It will strengthen you and help you to understand the heart of Harvest Church. Church 101 is this Sunday for one hour after church. We will feed you and take care of your kids too. I will see you then!
-Pastor Charlie Dial